Wednesday, 13 February 2013

A Little Birdy Told Me

Here's the first of the three outfits I managed to snap while I was back home. I really love this shirt, but the only problem is I HAVE to wear a cami underneath because it's ridiculously revealing if I don't! Stupid me didn't take any close up shots of the pattern but its gorgeous little blue birds, and there are studs on the tips of the collars.






Shirt - Primark
Jeans - Zara
Denim Jacket - Zara
Necklace - Miss Selfridge
Earings - New Look

For a while I've been thinking about perming my hair. I did it once before but the curl never took and it ended up just looking like I'd crimped it. Well I thought I'd give it another shot at the weekend! My hair has never really kept curls (even though it used to be ringlets when I was little!!) within a few hours they will have dropped out no matter how much hairspray I use! So I went for the perm. It didn't work. I wasted 3 hours of my evening, and have now seriously damaged my hair but have nothing to show for it! Its not curly or even wavy! However, parts of my hair are seriously dry and frazzled, my hair was sticky in parts even after washing and drying and I can't brush those bits because they are likely to break off. I've been putting leave in conditioner on my hair twice a day, as well and shampooing and using a hair mask daily to try and restore its health! The curls you can see in these photos were done with sponge rollers which I slept in overnight. The one positive which has come from all this drama is that my hair should retain its curl better now, but it is soooo not worth all the hassle and damage! So if ANY of you are considering perming your hair, I would say 100% that you should get it done in a salon. If you're anything like me there's no point telling you not to get it done, because you want curly hair so you won't listen. But at least if you get it done by professionals they know exactly what they are doing and how to fix it if it goes wrong!

Alexandra

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this shirt! I'm a massive fan of prints and this is the cutest print ever. It's so annoying when shirts are so thin, but at the same time in Winter you can never have enough layers! It looks really cute teamed with the denim jacket. I need to live closer to a Primark! :(

    Your hair doesn't look dry, it looks so shiny! Thanks for the tip though, my hair is naturally curly and it does my nut in - I constantly wonder about getting it permed straight! (especially after my GHDs packed in, they just couldn't take the frizz!)

    I've heard products with coconut oil are really good for adding moisture to dry hair; though I'd personally recommend L'oreal Keraste (sp!) the gold one I think it's called Elixir? Or the pale pink shampoo conditioner combo works wonders, it's pricey but 100% worth it. xxxx

    www.roaringtwentiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought of perming my hair, glad I read this though I didn't know it could be so damaging!

    And I love the shirt :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!